….exclusive to Green Fairy Corset’s Fairy Boss Mother line.
There’s been little development in modern corseting apart from steel bones in preference to whale bone or reed/bamboo combinations. There are experiments with different types of fabric, however, we always return to coutil if we want a sturdy garment that won’t stretch.
There’s been the burgeoning rise of the “cheap” [cheaply made, not cheaply priced] Off the Rack corset; and yet, we still return to custom fit quality corsets, or seek them out for the very first time.
The prices can be intimidating and out of reach for most people – and it’s at the inquisitive end of the corset spectrum that I believe Green Fairy Corsets creates an entry way that will encourage new corset wearers, unlike their poor cousins, who hail from “Off the Rack”.
What you get are beautifully constructed, high quality corsets at a reasonable price. In fact, with express post included our most expensive corset is $480.00. See the features of The Fairy Boss Mother corset HERE.
As a side note: I’m loving the spate of objectionable comments, videos and blog entries regarding off the rack garments these days. It warms my heart that when I went out there and critiqued and bagged them as much as I could – people actually did listen, even if it did make me a threat to some out there. God knows why, unless they are responsible for the poor design and construction, low grade fabrics and fittings…or shilling with sprinkle-sparkly reviews.
I’ve not seen anything really worth squarking about developmentally, until I saw this.
The multi loop busk.
It makes sense. More holding power for the corset. A sturdier construction as the loops are not riveted or pop-welded to another piece. Less to break. They are high grade stainless steel. They’ve been put through the mill as far as strength testing is concerned (machinery does this thousands and thousands of times) and they really are something to behold.
Quite seriously the leather and steel combination is stark and beautiful!
When I said “The Fairy Boss Mother is the boss of you!” I wasn’t joking.
Apart from the superior construction and fit, she is full of heavy duty coutil, boning and fittings. She is also available with buckles and d-rings at your pleasure. Ask me
I am hoping to grow her concept design into a corset dress version some time in the future. :-)
Seriously, this has got to be the most exciting thing I’ve been a part of in quite a long time.
Basically, I spent months and months ironing out the issues with prototypes to get these corsets exactly the way I want them to be. And they are. They fit, they’re strong, they don’t contain glues and other rubbish; they are sourced natural organic fabrics -[pvc not included] the construction method is excellent; the minimum width bone we use is 7mm and they are always double; the grommets are truly heavy duty and won’t pull out of the corset, and I am really proud of what I’ve achieved.
For you, the potential customer. This has been for you.
- A high quality garment at a reasonable price.
- Happy faces.
- Happy people.
- You are special and you should feel it.
- Your body is the only one you’ll ever have. Treat it well.
- Custom fit corset are the only way to safely train your body or corset with safety in mind.
- Coutil is also called corseting, for a reason.
- The fabrics are organic. The only non-organic corset I offer is the PVC Fairy Boss Mother – as I understand some people do not like leather but want a shiny type finish.
- The Fairy Mistress is a very strong corset. Due to the Fashion layer being silk it is not recommended to train in this corset. Her strength layer is organic cotton herringbone weave heavy duty coutil, the liner is organic cotton. It is a lighter corset; only by a smidgeon.
- The Green Fairy Eco Training Corset is the training corset. The fashion layer is 100% organic hemp, known to be the strongest and most durable natural fabric around. Made to wear under your clothing. [I am also heart-warmed to notice that other corsetieres are starting to herald the organic cloths. It can only be a good thing to have people take notice and emulate what I am trying to achieve with The Corset Project that has morphed into Green Fairy Corsets.]
cross posted to Green Fairy Corsets